Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Big Bowl of Diana

I am not a stalker. I swear. I don't go to many concerts and I rarely repeat seeing the same people over and over. I state all of this because last night I saw Diana Ross for the third time. The second time in less than a year.

When the conductor announced that tonight we would be seeing a "Living Legend" I turned to the woman next to me and said, "I sure hope she's alive, because it would be gross to be seeing her perform if she wasn't."

We have a Hollywood Bowl "half season" where we go every other Friday night and see the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra or the Los Angeles Philharmonic and a special guest performer in the second half. Two weeks ago it was Chris Isaak. This week was Diana Ross. At first I was sort of bored with the choice of repeating someone I had just seen, but then remembered it would be a completely different show with the orchestra. Imagine my disappointment when the orchestra ended and the stage began to rotate, sending the entire orchestra away to the back behind a wall, and revealing the exact same band set up for the Diana Ross concert I had just seen 8 months ago, complete with the very early 80's cutting edge rope lit wedges. I just knew I was going to want pizza after the show.

This clip is specifically for Carolyn who asked last time if she did anything from "The Wiz".

Since I already wrote all about seeing her last November I will skip the review and tell you what I think is fun and funny about Diana Ross: She loves to have the audience sing to her. In fact among a few of us, whenever you are at a concert and the artist holds out his/her microphone and shouts, "Sing Along!" we call that a case of the Diana Ross Syndrome.

In every clip below Miss Ross encourages you to join in her fun.








Holding on at 64 and fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment