Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We're baaaaa....aaaack....

We have returned. Though we should have been home Sunday night around 7, we got home about midnight. Delays leaving Paris, delays landing in Dallas, slow to clear customs... same old, same old.

As we walked through the door to home I turned to Lyle and said, "I've been up 26 hours now!" Though probably not as chipper as I thought it would come out. Lyle slept 8 and half hours of the ten and half hour flight home. I watched 5 movies.
  • Vicki Christina Barcelona: Billed as a comedy, I never actually laughed. Still waiting for the plot to make a point and it's been two days.
  • Burn After Reading: Another "comedy" (though this one I put quotations marks around) I not only did not find it funny, I found it gross and it gave me a bad dream later. Here's a tip to budding film promoters, IF SOMEONE GETS SHOT IN THE HEAD AND BLOOD SPLATTERS ALL OVER THE SET, IT IS NOT A COMEDY. Oh, and the movie had absolutely no point.
  • Bonneville: I watched it to see what Jessica Lange looks like older.
  • Bolt: Thank goodness I didn't know it was John Travlota voicing the dog or I would not have enjoyed it as much as I did. Now that I know, I like it less. But it was still very good. Damn.
  • Yes Man: I don't care for Jim Carey movies normally, but this one was not nearly as annoying as it could have been. There seemed to be a light hand on the mugging. It was fine.
So I may take some time to get things organized around here. Though my body is getting up nice and early, between 6 am and 7 am, my brain seems to still be sleeping in a different time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment