Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Whole New Look For Spring


The days of stepping into spring with pastel and floral expectations are long gone. Designers are doing away with the seasonal clichés and opting for a darker approach. Andrew Gn tossed full bloom to the way side in exchange for all black and white and shades of jewel tones. Chloe was cool as always in nude, khaki and creams. And Celine (my favorite) was ultra-chic in tan, black and olive green leather separates.

The graduation from baby doll dresses and liberty prints is one I can appreciate. Although I will always wear full skirts because they suit my shape well, the pressure of lightening up for spring and adopting a cute little pale pink cardigan is now obsolete.

Don't get me wrong, my recent move to the big apple hasn't sucked out the desire to smile and enjoy colors other than black, but who wants to be predictable? Designers may have taken to heart the phrase "Flowers for spring...shocking" from the sarcastic Miranda Pressly.


Not all designers have gone to the dark side, so if you're adamant about staying with tradition stop shaking in your boots. Color on most people is beautiful, but I'm enjoying the change.

-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment