Friday, January 21, 2011

Clint Eastwood 80 Years, Our Tribute

Today we celebrate and pay my greetings to the 80-year-Clint Eastwood. So goes the humanity.
At 26.
The man born in 1930 with a 1.92 m high, air bully and not withering look good boy ran track until you reach the top of Hollywood.

Had his first flirtation with fame after 30 years, when he had 11 films in the curriculum. Starred in A Fistful of Dollars, which pioneered the genre to the bang-bang Italian, directed by Sergio Leone.
Leone, in fact, synthesized with wit his appreciation for the interpretation of Clint:
"He only has two expressions, one with and one without the hat hat.
A subsequent series roles on the hero, antihero, fearless vigilante - with or without heart - Clint catapulted to the summit of Olympus Testosterone. Men admired him, women dreamed of being at his side, men wanted to be Clint.
Suck the ass of a myth is supposed idiocy, Peruzzo already addressed the subject with skill.
Our compliments are directed to the work of Mr. Eastwood. He was, above all, a filmmaker. It was there and did. He made big hits, amazing performances, beautifully directed movies and some not. He had seven children by five different women. He was mayor of the city where you live - Caramel, California - between 1986 and 1988.
Today he is married to Dina Ruiz. While grandpas vegetate barren nursing home, he headed straight, reproducing. As speculated his unauthorized biography, probably also lied, had extramarital affairs, obsessed with money and little professionalism. Really? Can not tell. Enemies are part of the list of obstacles to a man during life. Do not expect your enemies will speak well of you when given the chance to speak. Do not writhe in his chair saying that growing disaffection is a terrible way. It is an inevitable path, her loose. The world is a jungle, and unlike the roads and streets of his hometown, does not come with warning. Step and are being stepped burden on the route. Hold the lock in front. This message runs through the filmography of Clint and his famous phrases. Below, I translate part of his excellent interview with Esquire last year. Further, memorable scenes. Some maxims of Clint in the interview ... "Firstly, I was taller than most children. Second, we were always changing. Redding. Sacramento. Pacific Palisades. Back to Redding. Sacramento. Until Hayward. Niles. Oakland. So we were always on the road and I was always the new kid in school. Bullies always thought, "came the big one mean-looking, we will overthrow him." You know how kids are. We have to test it. I was an introverted boy. But much of my childhood was spent pounding these bullies. I had a feeling that "Make my day" would resound, as in "Do you feel lucky, punk?" The first film. Still have it, too. As you age, not afraid of the doubt. Doubt is not driving the show. You throw out all the fine itself. What can you do with you after they arrived in 70? "
Badass. But humans, like all of us.
"Even in grammar lessons you taught to go with your first impression. It's like multiple choice. If you start to go back and forth, never will be convinced of anything and will end up making the wrong choice. It's just a theory. Never read about studies. But believe it.
As Jerry Fielding used to say, "We came up here, let's not screw it up thinking."
My father had a couple kids at the beginning of the Great Depression. There were not many jobs. There was much unemployment. People kept going wrong. They were stronger.
We live in a generation sissy now, where everyone has gotten used to say, "Well, how we deal with it psychologically?". In those days you just punched and who would stand it. Even if he was older and could kick your ass, at least you would be respected by fighting back, and leave you in peace.
I do not know if I can say exactly when the generation sissy began. Perhaps when people began to wonder about the meaning of life.
If I had had good discipline, could have entered the music business.
I remember going to a giant waterfall in a glacier in Iceland. People were in a rocky platform at the top, watching. Were with their children. There was a place that was not sealed, but had a cable that prevented people from moving forward after a point. I thought to myself, "You know, in America they would have sealed that place with cement, fencing and concrete, because they would fear that someone would fall and lawyers showed up." There (in Iceland), the mentality was like in America, in ancient times: if you fall, it's stupid.
My father died suddenly at 63. Simply dropped dead. For a good time then I would ask: "Why not call me to play golf more often? Why not spend more time with him? ". But when you're trying to get there, you forget and let those little things aside. It gives you a certain regret later, but there's nothing you can do about it. So just move on. "
Small details are unimportant. Let's get on with what really matters.
What happened was that he was going to college in 1950. LA City College. A guy I knew was doing acting classes on Thursday evening. He started telling me about all the beautiful women and said, "Why not come with me." So probably had other motives besides the desire to become an actor. And sure, he was right. There were many, and few men. I thought, "Yeah, they need me here." I just got hired by Universal.
People love westerns around the world. There is something fantastic about a guy fighting the elements. Or even bad guys and the elements. It's a simpler time. There are no laws organized and stuff.
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."
Winning elections is something like good news, bad-news. Okay, you're the mayor. The bad news is now you're the mayor.
You must really know someone really become a friend. I mean, my wife is my closest friend. Sure, I'm attracted to her in every way possible, but this is not the answer. Because I was attracted to other people and could no longer support them after a while.
I have children with other women. I have to give credit for Dina unite everybody. She never had that ego thing his second wife. The natural instinct would be to kill the rest. You know, the mentality of cave woman. But she married at all. He is friendly with my first wife, with my ex-girlfriends. She went out of his way to join us. Was extremely influential in my life.
As it ages, much like children.
I do not need to practice that noise. You just do. When in character, is the character. Do not stand there thinking, I'll grunt here or here. "
"That's why I usually do not test a lot and write pretty face. I want to take ideas about the character, and we ended up going together.
You notice Velázquez in his dark years and ask yourself, "How the hell he got that way?" I'm sure he told himself, "I'm in my dark period now, so I'll paint this way." He just did. This is where the true art has a chance to happen.
Million Dollar Baby won the Oscar. It was great. But you do not dip it. Many great movies did not win the Oscar, then it has much weight. Letters to Iwo Jima was nominated. Did not win, but it was still a movie as good as I can. Deserved less than any other movie? Not really. But there are other aspects that go. Ultimately, you should be happy with what he accomplished. It's where you are. "
Memorable scenes





No comments:

Post a Comment