Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Best Dressed: Glamour Women of The Year Gala

Last night was the Glamour Women of The Year Gala. Tons of lovely ladies in the entertainment industry came out to celebrate and fellowship with one another.

A host of women were awarded, including Maya Angelou, Amy Pochler and many others. Me, being me was more interested in who these ladies were wearing, rather than anything else. Don't judge me.

There were a handful of women who caught my eye as I browsed through Red Carpet pictures this morning. Let's take a look at the fashion-forward females.


Legendary model and fashion icon, Iman was in attendance, wearing a super short and chic Jason Wu dress. The lime green belt was a great way to make this nude colored gown pop.


Comedian, Amy Poehler surprised me with a Stella McCartney gown that looked awesome. Is it just me or does she give little (just a little bit) Marilyn Monroe tease. The blond locks are for her, most definitely. And do you see the red bottom? Two thumbs up for the Louboutins. A girl can never go wrong.


Tennis pro, Serena Williams was also there wearing a hot red number from designer, Pamela Rolland. Not something I would suggest off jump, but it looked smoking. Tyra Banks even had to compliment Williams, saying, "The girl has gotta look smoking when she beats your butt."


Now, if this gown doesn't have Catherine Zeta-Jones written ALL over it, take away my Marc Jacobs bag now. This floor-sweeping Gustavo Cadile hemline is giving me everything I need. The sparkling effect sets it off. You can't see it in this picture, but Jones has on a pair of bright cherry-red stilettos. C'mon Catherine!


One of my favorite designers, Stella McCartney, known for her cuts was in the building wearing....Stella McCartney. Topping this extremely short dress with the black jacket was a great affect in keeping it classy and not slutty. Was that a little blunt? Sorry.


The color scheme was everything in this Oscar de la Renta skirt and top that was worn by VP of Google search and experience, Marissa Mayer. A little known fact: Mayer has always been a couture collector and a serious style force for as long as she's been a major player in the technology field.


Saving the best for last (not because I'm like her biggest fan), we have Rihanna, who was also awarded the Women of The Year Award last night. This custom made gown by designer, Stephane Rolland made her the center of attention all night. A cool thing I noticed with this gown is the terribly small pockets that are found in the front of the dress. Rihanna kept her hands there for most of the night, which irritated my soul. "As usual, I decided to wear the tightest dress I could find!", Rihanna says while joking with Glamour on the red carpet.

This was truly a must-go event. Lovely ladies wearing labels? Who wouldn't want to be in the mix?


-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment