Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Love Is A Battlefield


The Grammy-nominated, American Idol winner Jordin Sparks returns with her sophomore album, Battlefield on July 21, 2009 Jive and RCA Records. The lead single takes the same name of the album, "Battlefield" written by OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder. The man is a genius, striking the chords of anyone's heart with the lyrics while Jordin shows us exactly why she won season six of American Idol. Sparks covers a Fefe Dobson track "Don't Let It Go To Your Head" but she truly shines on "Let It Rain" a song written by Sparks herself, where she pours her soul onto the track and pleads to "wash her clean." The song is reminiscent of something that Leona Lewis would have recorded. Other songs to add to your favorite Ipod playlist are "No Parade" and "Was I The One" a ballad where she wonders "was I the only one in love." But my favorite track is actually a bonus track on the deluxe version of the album. "Papercut" written by Sparks and Toby Gad where she compares the pain to a papercut ("I don't care/I'll survive/I only think about you half of the time/All these tears, all these drops in the ocean, baby/You barely even cross my mind/I'll be just fine/No, it doesn't hurt that much/It was only a papercut") All in all, this is a album worth owning if you know what it feels like to go out on the Battlefield called LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment