Thursday, July 16, 2009

Style Icons

Who remembers waking up and risking being late for school so you could catch the entire episode of Save By The Bell??? Or did you always secretly root for Steve Urkle because you knew geek would one day turn chic??? Well I think the great shows of the 90's are forever embedded in our brains, and so is the fashion. We all know the 90's had a very.....shall we say distinct style, but I see that style creeping back into today's relevant fashion trends. So because I know you always dreamed of looking like Zach Morris and Blossom I found some things that I think they'd wear if we fast forwarded them to 2009.

Zach Morris



Zach was the trouble making charmer who could weasel his way out of anything. This jacket by SCIFEN has modern day Zach written all over it. Cool enough to annoy Mr. Belding and slick enough to win a date with Jessie.



Steve Urkle



Steve, the annoying neighbor, was in a league of his own when it came to clothes. Suspenders, oxfords, and an abundance of plaid Urkle was well beyond his time... who knew all the style gurus would be raving about geek chic years later?!? These leather suspenders and plaid shirt from UO.com can instantly channel your inner Urkle.


Clarissa




Hands down Clarissa wins for the best theme song and intro. Home girl made me want to write my name across the screen with my index finger too! She was the queen of mixing and matching but always looking current (90's current). I think this dress from pixiemarket.com would most definitely give me the power to write me name across the TV with my index finger!



Carlton Banks


Carlton had everyone do the "Jump on it" dance... and although he will never be as cool as Will, he did have the preppy style down to a science. Not as nerdy as Urkle, Carlton gave Ralph Lauren for days and chinos became practically a uniform. A far cry from Will and his loud Karl Kani numbers. So of course the modern version of Carlton would still rock a classic button down shirt with a sweater across the shoulders, and the ultimate collegiate stripe tie...it's only right.




Blossom




Blossom was the epitome of a free spirit. She was the 90's flower child with tons of knits, florals, and funky hats to express herself. I thought the new day Blossom.. or maybe she'd be called Bloom... would still have that free spirit hippy feel topping off her maxi dresses and gladiator flats with a straw fedora (feather and all).

It's easier than you think to get inspired looks from our icons of the yesteryear's.
-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment