Friday, September 4, 2009

Blackberries!

On a recent tour of my birthland in Washington state, I was privileged to sample the delicacies of the land.

From this:
I picked a large container, scratching up my hands and staining my fingers in the process. Then I had a large container of blackberries, so much better than the kind I can buy here in Los Angeles, but what could I do with them?

I placed them in a Ziploc bag. I placed that Ziploc bag inside another Ziploc bag. Then I placed that double bag inside a piece of Tupperware, which inside my carry on luggage. No one even questioned it.

The berries made it home and on a day when the temperature was about to hit 95°, I turned the oven on to 400° and made this:

Oh my god. I had it for breakfast the next day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment