Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NYFW Re-Cap: Anna Sui

Pop sixties was all I could think of while I was reviewing the Spring 2010 collection of recent CFDA Lifetime Achievement Award winner, Anna Sui. With her also recent collaboration with Target, Anna Sui was bound to come out with something to live for. The clothes had me feeling like I was at the circus with models wearing Mary Quant Sassoon cuts and Jean Shrimptons with flowered head scarves that had prints of circus animals, paisley, or apples. Another thing I noticed was that this collection was a lot more boyish than her previous collections. Nothing's wrong with a little change. The boyfriend look is so in. :)









"I'm always about optimism and exuberance. It's what I feel about fashion," Sui says.


-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment