Wednesday, September 23, 2009

NYFW Re-Cap: Diane von Furstenberg

Don't worry people, I won't do a re-cap on EVERY collection, lol. Just a few that I thought caught my eye and might tickle your fancy. Bare with me.

DVF's Spring collection seemed to pick up right here her Fall 09 left off. This season gave me much Egytian nomad tease with the tiger-print safari suits and leopard-spot shirtdresses. You could also see some floral-appliqué chiffon and a daisy-chain maxi dress that made my heart flutter. Although the show was full of dresses, there were also a few tailored pieces sprinkled in there every now and then. Variety always wins: printed-silk and lace-foil belted jackets aren't really office wear but the "silhouette is on trend". There was a mix of over-the-top, but with some more ground looks that made this collection go awf!







-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment