Friday, June 26, 2009

June 25th...The Darkest Day In Music




Yesterday my twitter and facebook pages went ballistic when the King of Pop passed. I can't lie the news was alarming to me as well. Initially I felt that people's reactions were a little extreme, until I sat down and really thought about how much he's added to not only the music industry but fashion, dance, and heck even hair. MJ introduced in a new wave of entertaining just as Elvis did before him, and Miles Davis did before Elvis. I thought about how artists like Ne-yo and Chris Brown wouldn't be who they are if they didn't take a page from MJ's notebook. The sound and style of his music is still ever present today and people even felt the need to move and dance like Mike. How many people til this day can still do the Thriller dance?

On twitter stars poured their hearts out about how they felt about Michael. I believe Naomi from Electrik Red said it best...

"Michael was one of the few people in the world that has been under so much pressure from such a young age. He's Free now..."
Jackson's entire life was comprised of media scrutiny, family troubles, and pressure to be great, and such things can way on a person's heart. It's undeniable that anything Micheal did is now engraved in history...the white glove, the red leather jacket, the white socks, the moon walk, heck Bubbles is even famous. So for me, I needed step away from the social sites and see how I really felt about it. And although I could never feel as strongly about it as I would if it were someone close to me, but I do recognize that music has lost one of its.... no THEE most biggest influence it had.
R.I.P Michael
-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment