Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Underrated


Without music, my life I feel would be void of drive and purpose, and would quickly become all too miserable, this is my passion for music, and I feel others have mutual feelings to the power that is music. So many different emotions, for so many different unique artists that orchestrate our life behind scenes. Certain chords will bring a tear, a laugh, an idea, but all will strike an emotion that can empower. Today I bring you two artists who I feel are underrated, or maybe just not that well known, yet exceptional in what they strive for.

First up we have Get Set Go, an indie band that is funny, depressing, encouraging in a morbid way, and all around just uniquely fun. Many of the lyrics (written by Mike TV, who is also the singer) you will find to be sad, but accompanied with, at times, jolly instrumentals. A personal fav is “I hate everyone.” No matter who you are, unless a saint, I imagine you hate someone or at the very least certain things about life, this song makes you feel better about it all and in no less then two winks of a coal miners eye you will be singing along to these all too potent songs (lol).


Next up we have Basement Jaxx, who are hard to label into any genre, but come together in an artistic fashion that makes the listener want to “Get Off” their seat and onto the dance floor. The song “Good Luck” features the resonant vocals of a one, Lisa Kekaula, who accompanied with the sensational mix of jazz & electronica will have your hips shaking and your feet tapping within seconds of listening to it.

Check out this video. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO9I61gYlms

Subscribe, comment, and simply, LivLux...

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment