Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kelis x4


After Danity Kane(R.I.P.) I really wasn't interested in female groups...just at the simple fact that I thought they were Thee Dopest things ever created, lol.

Buuuuuuut! There is a group of upcoming girls that have caught my attention and made me rethink my "DK or Die" way of thinking. I'm pretty sure you all have heard of sexy girl group Electrik Red. Their video "So Good" was all over MTV for a while, which is where I first heard of them. The song + video is hott as hell, but I just thought of them as a one-hit wonder...MY BAD! These BK and Toronto natives are stepping in the music scene with a "blitz of lashes, lipstick, and laughter." Group members include Kyndra “Binkie” Reevey, Naomi Allen, Lesley Lewis, and Sarah Rosete. But before E.R. was formed these girls were still on the scene, performing as dancers and models alongside artists like Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, and Ciara—they appeared in her 2007 “Like a Boy” video together. I don't even know the girls personally but from interviews I've read about the girls, my favorite has to be Kyndra a.k.a Binkie. Check what she was quoted saying in a Vibe.com interview - “Together, we’re a really ridiculous force of feminine juice that’s ready to be squeezed all over the industry. And you’re not gonna be able to stop it, whether you spit or swallow.” Their raunchy but still feminine style reminds me soo much of Kelis (if you're reading this Kelis, please come back out!!)

They have their debut album out NOW & I promise it's worth your $10. Or you can pick it up at amazon.com. What are you waiting on?! HURRY UP AND BUY!!!


"Little boy, don't try to show out when ya little boys come to the house. Or I'll walk around this b*tch in my Louboutin heels with my a** hanging out!"
-Eletrick Red on "On Point"



-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment