Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pop Queen: Krysta Youngs

Sugar and Spice, but most of all nice, Krysta Youngs is a force to be reckoned with. I had the pleasure of seeing this pop goddess perform one night at the loft... and I was hooked! There's only a few artist who lay their heart on the stage when they perform, and Krysta is one of them. Dancing, interacting with the crowd, laying on stage... I was amazed. Flint bred (of course, we're the best) but now a Boston resident, Krysta gives Madonna, Gwen, and Avril a run for their money, so check out our interview.

LL: Where do you draw the most inspiration?

KY: From my experiences. I know it sounds cliche but writing music is like giving advice. Unless you've been through it you can't really talk about it.
LL: What does music mean to you?

KY: Freedom. No matter what happens in my life music brings me back to my center. It puts things in perspective and it's the times that I'm away from it that I really realize how much I need it in my life.



LL: How would you imagine your life without music?

KY: I can't! Life without music would be like losing an arm or a leg. It's become such a part of who I am I would seriously feel like I was missing a limb.

LL: How do you want people to feel when they hear your music?

KY: It's not so much the "what" that I'm concerned with. I just want people to feel something.

LL: How much influence do you think music has on people?

KY: Music is one of the most influential art forms there is because you're pairing sound with words. Basically you're killing two birds with one stone and if done right music can change the world...or at least some one's world.
To learn more about Ms. Krysta Youngs visit her myspace and follow her on twitter
-Doni W.

No comments:

Post a Comment