Monday, June 15, 2009

Underrated & Overrated

After a having a conversation -that almost turned into an argument, due to both our passionate views- with a friend the other day, I got inspiration to write this little post for Music Week!

There are dozens of artists that have not been given the credit they deserve and there are equally the same that are given TOO much credit. The list is almost endless, so I'll just go over a few with you all. Make sure you let me know if you agree or disagree - just comment!

First on the list is Amerie. With songs just as hot as her, I have been a HUGE fan of this chick ever since '02 with All I Have. From then she has produced two albums and is working on her 4th as we speak. After her third album "Because I Love It" didn't hit home like it should have, I got a little frantic, lol. I figured that she had given it up, but she never seems to let me down and she sure didn't with her new hit "Why R U?" If you haven't heard it yet, check it out! This girl is definitely underrated!



To add to the list of underrated we have the hypest and hippest group since 2 Live Crew(joking!). The groups first couple of albums helped them pave their way into the music industry with singles such as "Joints & Jams" and "Request Line". Still, it didn't shake up the industry as much as it should have. I think it wasn't until their album in 03 where Fergie was first introduced with them, that they really started getting hot. This group hasn't seen a bad day since, even with Fergie going to do her solo thing on the side. Hits with almost every single is what their used to, but I still feel like people are sleeping on the group and their overall talent. Maybe it's their approach, but it's still dope. I mean, just accept it...they are the sh*t! Lol.



Hhh. This man is a case of "Good Guy Gets An Ego". This is no bash to Kanye, I have just lately started to feel as though he has taken this fame to the head and it's started to mess with his ethos - look it up! Kanye used to be such a lyricist. The old Ye was the cat with nothing but dope lyrics. Now he has seemed to have gotten a little too comfortable with all the new things he has going on with LV, and it's starting to affect the way he doesn't reach out to his fans as much as he. I'm not a fan of this new voice synthesizer that he pulls out for EVERY song. & his new video with Rihanna....ew. But yeah, he just needs a humbling experience and all should be back to normal. Hopefully. Kanye West = Definitely Overrated!


Ok, so The Dream isn't as overrated as he is overexposed. You guys know the saying, "There's more than meets the eye"? Yeah, that is soo unrelated to this guy. He has stuck with the same style since he has been out. It was hott, still is, but eventually it will fade...along with him. I hope he isn't taking any pointers from girlfriend, Christina Milian...that flop! Such a pretty girl, though. True, his songs are dope but I know I am not the only one who feels like they're all the same song somehow.


Maybe it's just me. But that's fine, because it's my post! =P Lol.


-Christopher Nic.

No comments:

Post a Comment